Wednesday 20 April 2011

Afghan kids hopes for future.

they are that much strong that even they dont care what americans are doing and playing with their daily life because they are sure that no one can make them slave and no one wl have victory on their land and they are sure that they are the winner us always...
                                               What do you do for fun and entertainment?

Answer: "I go to school. I also like playing in the river, but I like going to school more. I get to see my friends and learn important things. I am lucky I can go, and I don't have to work all day like most of my friends. I still help my mother before and after school, but I don't mind as long as they allow me to go to school most days."
 
                               —Masooda, age 10, Khewa District, Nangahar Province
                            What is a typical day like in the life of a 12-year-old in Afghanistan?

Answer: "I get up before sunrise to say my morning prayers, and after that I study and prepare for school. Then I have to bring water from the well, make tea, help my mother cook breakfast, sweep the house, and help wash the dishes. I go to school at 8 am. It is just a short walk from our house. School gets out at noon. Then I come home and help my mother cook lunch and clean house. I do homework for about two-and-a-half hours in the afternoon. In the evening, I get more water from the well and help cook dinner. After all my housework is done, I study a little more and work on my embroidery. We usually go sleep at about 8 p.m. We do not have any electricity so there is not much to do after it gets dark."

                                    Basmina, age 12, Khewa District, Nangahar Province
                             What kinds of pets are favored by people in Afghanistan and why?

Answer: "I like our donkey the most because I get to ride him to the market and don't have to walk. The dog is important because he keeps away anyone who tries to steal things from me when I go to the market and stops bad people from coming into our house when my father is not home. We have three goats we are keeping for my big brother's wedding. When he gets married, we will give them to his bride's family."
                                                      Duad, age 10, Konduz Province
                                                      What kind of sports do you play?

Answer: "I like kite flying. Every Friday I go to Tapa Maranjan [one of the main hills in Kabul with open space for activities] with my friends to fly our kites and have competitions. I also like [soccer] and cricket, and play these sports after school almost every day. But kite flying is a special weekend activity."
                                                             Samadi, age 11, Kabul
                                                Can you tell me what your school is like?

Answer: "Crowded. Now that we can go to school, everyone wants to go. Shigi Girls' School has twelve classrooms and over 3,000 students. There are over 100 other girls in my class. We have 6 subjects each day and two 15 minute breaks. I study Pushto, Dari, English, math, history, Islam, and science. We all sit on the floor because we don't have desks or chairs. Some classes are held outside, because there is not enough room inside."

                                            Zakia, age 13, Khewa District, Nangahar Province
                                                           What is your dream?

Answer: I dream that we will rebuild Afghanistan with our own hands, not the hands of foreigners who want to change our culture. I dream that one day we have electricity so I can watch television and have a computer."

                                    Mariam, age 13, Kohistan, District,Kapisa, Province

No comments:

Post a Comment